Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The One Liter Bottle: Duh!

Okay, seriously...Why didn't anyone think of this a long time ago? So I've been seeing a lot of the 1 liter format recently. At banQ, I even have a 1L bottle of Gruner Veltliner on the wine list. What I want to know is: HOW GREAT IS THIS IDEA?!?!?! I've always felt that the normal .750 sized bottle was just fine. But seriously--have you and a friend gone out (or stayed in) and had A bottle of wine? I mean...when was the last time that's happened? It's not just me, right? A .750 bottle is just not enough. You always wind up getting a second bottle--and then that's too much and you leave your phone in a cab and pass out on your stoop. What? Over-sharing? Okay. My point is--the 1L bottle is the greatest invention since bar snacks. And don't even get me started on box wine! Tonight kicks off Two-for Tuesdays: A pitcher of sangria and a bar appetizer for $20!!!! And don't forget Mojito Madness this Thursday from 8pm-midnight. $5 mojitos in five fantastic flavors: passionfruit, watermelon, strawberry, pineapple and blood orange.

even better: a 1L bottle with a screwtop,
geoffrey

3 comments:

Omar said...

Hey..this is a great topic! I think Mark you have a point, but you're looking at the issue from the end consumer perspective, which is not wrong! the person who regulated the 750ml size was a marketing genius, and that size was chosen for a reason
How about if one 750ml bottle isn't enough, get a half bottle, and save some $ and better yet, you won't forget your wallet in the cab's back seat!!

Omar

Anonymous said...

hey great post

Unknown said...

Compromise! Try offering 1L decanted house pours that way you have the best of both worlds it works for me at my restaurant. But make sure your decanters don't look like Carafes but like decanters better presentation especially for a great place such as BanQ!